WikiTungi is a city based Wikipedia community formed to help the Wikipedians around the city to meet, share and learn from their experience in the Wikipedia movement. The Tungi meetups are mostly organised with the help of the volunteers. Odia community’s WikiTungi is a based in two cities, Puri and Bhubaneswar. While Wikimedians in Puri conduct meetups bi-monthly, Bhubaneswar Wikimedians meet once a month. In every meetup, Wikimedians exchange their resources with each other, helping address their doubts and queries regarding their problems and projects.Started in February 2016 the Bhubaneswar WikiTungi has marked its first anniversary on 9th February 2017. The community members of Bhubaneswar Tungi meet on every second Sunday of the month, and Durimg the first year anniversary eight community members from the Bhubaneswar Tungi met for a dinner to celebrate the volunteer practice of attending the WikiTungi meetups regularly. The community discussed on various ideas, and implementing them in the regular meetup of the Tungi, members of the community also shown their interest in organising the third WikiConference India in Bhubaneswar to spread more awareness on Wikipedia in Odisha. During the community meetup, Tungi members came up with few ideas to implement it as a best practice in the Wikipedia movement.
Some of them are listed here:
- The Tungi members will invite one of the global community leaders for a Skype or hangout session.
- Discuss the best practice from the global community and discuss them with the community.
- Updating the minutes of the meeting and sharing them with the other community members.
- Updating the learning and evaluation team about the new learning of the community every month.
- The community will also send Postcards as a souvenir to the participants of the global community for the online sessions.